That’s what one of my clients said about my work on LinkedIn (scroll to the “Experience” section):
Gerry is one of the best and most reliable copywriters I have ever worked with (and I’ve worked with quite a few).
She’s great at getting into the head of your customers and giving them EXACTLY what they are looking for. Her words literally paid for themselves within a week after our project was done.
If you’re looking for a talented and reliable copywriter, I strongly recommend!
—Onuora Amobi, CEO & Founder, Learn About The Web
Let’s find out if I can help YOU, too.
Finding the right fit seems hard, I know.
That’s why you’ll contact at least 3 copywriters. You’ll request quotes and writing samples.
But that won’t help you make a choice, because good writing is subjective.
The fact that you liked the style of one writer doesn’t mean that the copy they write for you will sell your products and services.
You can’t really know which copywriter is the best choice until you start working with them.
It looks like a catch 22 for a small business owner until you find out that…
Good copywriting isn’t writing
It’s not about creativity or talent.
Good copywriting is strategic writing based entirely on data and psychology.
Using a well-thought-out strategy, designed to persuade your audience, you can get high conversion rates even before you do any A/B testing (if your traffic is targeted).
That’s what I call conversion-focused copywriting.
It’s not magic. It’s a science.
Conversion-focused copywriting is based on the science about how and why people buy things.
To get someone to buy something from you or even give you their email address, you will need to make them like you and trust you first.
To make them like you and trust you, you have to know what they like.
To know what they like, you have to know them.
To know them, you have to research them or… guess.
If I were you, I wouldn’t build my business on guesswork.
That’s why the only way to get to know your audience and sell something to them is audience research.
It’s mostly about data
Audience research data helps me, the copywriter, get into the minds of your potential customers.
And when I get into their minds, I can:
- Find out what troubles your audience—the fears, doubts, anxiety, painful problems that make them want to buy products like yours. I can remind them about the problems you solve and get them to pay attention.
- Find out what your audience really wants—their desires, needs, expectations. I use that to build a bridge between what you’re selling and what they want.
- Find out their objections to buying. If I know their objections, I can overcome them and nudge them to take action.
- Tell stories they can relate to. If the reader can relate to the text, they are more likely to convert into customers or leads.
- Speak their language, so that they feel that you understand them. This will make them like you, trust you and want to buy from you.
Knowing all this I can write copy that I can guarantee appeals to your target audience and resonates with them.
And copy that resonates makes all the difference between 0 and 3-5-6-15-30% conversion rates.
Here’s the exact process
These are the steps you and I will take if we end up working together:
- Roadmapping. I will ask you a set of questions about your business, your product or service, your target customer and your ultimate business goal.
- Audience research. After I get enough data about what you’re selling and to whom, I will go into the wild to find out your audience’s concerns, fears, wants, needs and objections to buying.
- Conversion-focused copywriting. I will use my research data to determine the correct tone of voice, language and psychological approaches that I can use to persuade your audience to take action.
- Review and hand-off. If you find any inaccuracies in describing your service or product or any other discrepancies, I will gladly fix them. I could also edit your copy according to your personal preferences, but I don’t recommend that because it’s not about what you and I like to read, it’s about what your audience wants to read.
Let’s break the ice…
Maybe we’re a fit, maybe not. But if you don’t email me, you will never know. :)
What kind of projects can I help you with?
- Opt-in landing page copywriting
- Sales letter copywriting
- B2B copywriting services
- Small business website copywriting services
- Email marketing copywriting (autoresponders and lead nurture campaigns)
- Copy rewrite to improve conversion rate
Hear what people say about my work
“As a marketer myself, I highly recommend working with Gerry”
I hired Gerry to work on my email autoresponder sequence/sales funnel for selling a membership site. Working with Gerry was an amazing experience. She is so highly skilled, capable and talented. I knew I was in safe hands. She really takes the time to develop a strategy with you and is so self initiated that the process for me was hands off.
As a marketer myself, I highly recommend working with Gerry. She’s a wealth of knowledge and is a really smart cookie when it comes to strategy, conversions, optimization and copywriting.
She brought some amazing ideas to the table that I had never thought of, but that just made me fall in love with her even more!
As a result, our sales funnel is performing as Gerry expected. (Does she see the future too?! No, she’s just that smart…)
I’m excited to bring on Gerry to work on future copywriting, sales page, sales funnel projects. I’ll continue to invest in her because she already knows my customer like the back of her hand. Why waste money hiring anyone else, only to have them start from zero again, doing all that customer profiling and research?
Gerry is amazing and I’m so happy to have worked with her.
—Mei Pak, The Creative Hive Colony